Attention CommunityHealth Patients:
In complying with the Affordable Care Act (ObamaCare), effective immediately, CommunityHealth is encouraging all individuals who appear to be eligible to receive health insurance under the Affordable Care Act (Marketplace or Medicaid) to take the steps necessary to sign up for coverage.
Current patients: If you appear to be eligible for the above coverage, you must provide CommunityHealth with paperwork showing that you are in the process of signing up for insurance. We will then be able to continue providing you with services until your new coverage begins. For more information on these new guidelines and on how to apply for coverage under the Affordable Care Act (ObamaCare): Click Here.
New patients: If you are uninsured and meet CommunityHealth’s income guidelines, you may register to receive services at CommunityHealth. We will provide you with services for 120 days. Before those 120 days have ended, we will ask you to apply for the above Marketplace or Medicaid coverage. If you provide us with paperwork that shows you are in the process of applying, you may continue to receive care at CommunityHealth after those first 120 days; if you do not provide us with that paperwork, CommunityHealth staff will provide you with information on other clinics in the area that can serve you. For more information on these guidelines and on how to apply for coverage under the Affordable Care Act (ObamaCare): Click Here.
CommunityHealth is committed to serving the uninsured and believes that everyone deserves access to high quality healthcare. As of January 1, 2014, the Affordable Care Act (ACA) provides new insurance options for thousands of uninsured who may now be eligible for Medicaid or health care coverage through the state “marketplace.” To find out if you qualify, please visit http://getcoveredillinois.gov/.
To qualify for care at CommunityHealth:
*For example, it is $60,625 for a family of four, and $29,425 for an individual*
- CommunityHealth must be the only place you will be receiving healthcare
Please bring the following information with you at the time of intake:
- Proof of income
- Tax returns from previous year
- ONLY if you did not file taxes, you may bring:
- Check stubs for the past 30 days
- OR written statement from employer if you get paid cash
- OR supporter’s income, if you are supported by someone else
- OR Unemployment compensation
- Proof of address (NOTE: we do not accept PO boxes as proof of address)
- Picture ID
- List of current medications, if any
- If previously insured, a letter saying that you are no longer covered
- Please note: At this time, CommunityHealth provides language assistance for English, Spanish, and Polish speaking patients. For all other languages, patients are required to bring their own interpreter each time they visit the clinic.
If you need more information about becoming a CommunityHealth patient, please call: 773.969.5924
- No tener seguro medico
- Tenga bajos ingresos- Por ejemplo: $60,625 o menos para una familia de cuatro; $29,700 o menos para una sola persona
- Sea mayor de 18 años
- Desear que CommunityHealth le proporcione la atención primaria de salud.
- Comprobante de ingreso- Declaración de impuestos; si no tiene esto, puede traernos talones de cheque del último mes. Si no tiene ninguno de estos comprobantes, por favor llame al (773) 969-5924 para ver si calificaría a ser parciente.
- Comprobante de domicilio- Cualquier correspondencia con su nombre y dirección actual-por ejemplo: una cuenta de luz, gas, o teléfono.
- Identificación con foto- Por ejemplo: licencia, matricula o pasaporte.,
- Lista de medicamentos