CommunityHealth is committed to treating patients’ complex health needs, which often go beyond the strictly medical.
Social work and counseling services are available to patients at both of our locations. CommunityHealth patients can work with the social services staff by phone or in person, in English or Spanish.
Our social services include:
- emotional support
- crisis and short-term counseling
- help finding practical resources
Common challenges we can help patients with:
- self-esteem issues
- domestic violence
- mental and emotional health
- lack of social support
- financial issues due to illness-related work reduction
- help solving concrete needs such as housing and employment
- overcoming cultural challenges
Patients in need of mental and emotional support also benefit from CommunityHealth’s health and wellness programs, which include support groups, classes, and counseling.